Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tapioca Pudding with Coconut Milk

During one of these cold days of January, I've was craving a warm pudding. So I tinkered with the tapioca recipe on the box to see if I could make a dairy-free version. My partner likes it so much he asked me to make it again!

1/3 cup brown sugar
3 Tbs Minute Tapioca
1 can coconut milk (approximately 1 3/4 cups, adjust the coconut and almond milk to equal 2 3/4 cups total)
1 cup almond milk (or soy milk)
1 egg beaten
1 tsp Mexican vanilla
cinnamon to sprinkle on top

Combine the brown sugar, tapioca, milks, and egg in a sauce pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Then heat on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil. The box notes: a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred.

Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve warm with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.

The pudding thickened as it cooled, so I added a little extra almond milk and rewarmed the left overs. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment